Lee’s Summit Bankruptcy Attorney
At Earnshaw & Cownie Law Firm of Lee’s Summit, Missouri, we assist clients’ bankruptcy filings. During these hard times, it is important that you have a Kansas City bankruptcy attorney, who is knowledgeable and experienced in the complex nature of bankruptcy law, represent you. To help you get started, we have included the list of items below that you will need to bring to your appointment.
Why Representation Matters
Bankruptcy is often one of the most difficult periods of many hardworking adults’ lives. Although you may feel helpless, there is legal assistance available. Our bankruptcy attorneys know what it takes to keep you afloat during these times of adversity. When you are ready to take legal action, being prepared is the best defense.
How to Prepare
- Last two years’ tax returns – both federal and state returns with W-2s.
- Last six (6) months of current pay stubs with year-to-date income and any additional pay stub received until case is filed with the court.
- Employer’s name, address, phone number, how long employed.
- All debts; this includes all loan papers and payment books (most recent statement or name, address, account number, amount owed, date incurred), notices from collection agencies or attorneys, family members or friends money is owed to.
- Deeds to real estate, copy of signed deed of trust or residential lease agreement if renting.
- Cars owned. Include the make, model, miles on the vehicle, creditor for vehicle if you still owe on it, and any needed repairs.
- Bank accounts: Bank statement from every account owned or has your name on it. Include the name of bank/institution, address, account number and balance. Closed accounts within one year: same information, balance as of date of closing.
- Most recent retirement account statement and investments statements. This includes IRAs, 401(k), 403(b), pension accounts and Roth IRAs.
- Sale or transfer of property within one year. Include name, address, relationship to buyer, description of property, and value.
Gifts within one year:
- Charity: If over $100 to one organization
- Family: If over $200 to one individual
- Include the name, address, relationship to recipient, description of gift, and value
- Household goods (garage sale or auction prices): list item and value.
- Payments to any one creditor over $600 within last 90 days. Include the name, address, dates, amount paid and the amount still owed.
- Lawsuits, garnishments, repossessions, foreclosures, etc. within one year.
- Prior address if you have moved within last two years. List all addresses lived at during the last two years.
- Budget (monthly average) for food, utilities, insurance, medical, transportation, gasoline, vehicle repairs, child care, pet care, tobacco, health and beauty expenses, etc.
If you are suffering from financial issues and looking for one of the best bankruptcy attorneys to represent you and your best interests, contact Earnshaw & Cownie Law Firm. Call (816) 246-4429 – We look forward to serving you.
CALL US FOR A FREE CONSULTATION